Why are we obsessing over grey & silver hair?
Grey hair is a huge trend since 2014 & especially since a big bunch of celebrities have started to rock it very successfully! We even got a grey-haired Barbie doll! We slowly started noticing first Kelly Osbourne and Nicole Richie, then more “normal” folks like us – beauty youtubers like Samantha Ravendahl & co., and last but not least – we finally saw them on the runway! Cara Delevigne rocked grey hair like nobody’s business and that’s when we asked ourselves – are we talking about new trend yet?
Grey & silver hair perfectly emphasize our face features, our bold makeup, and are a total opposite to most unwanted thing in beauty industry – the BRASSINESS! Both colors are very shiny & flattering to your hair, stylishly go with anything (you know, monochrome & stuff), and so why not trying how we look with them while still being young?
How many shades of grey are there really?
Just because you decided to have grey hair, doesn’t mean you’re stuck with 1 shade alone! You can experiment with warmer grey – that is, more saturated, almost ashy brown or beige, grey that nicely transitions to pink, blue, or purple, or either silvery-grey, almost completely white!
Reasons to go grey today!
Are you sick of just alternating between blonde and brown hair? Do you want a little bigger change in your look? And simply – do you wanna be trendy? Don’t forget you don’t have to go permanently grey!
How you can go grey easily & temporarily?
- Grab a hair chalk, a towel or a plastic cape, gloves, a hair clip, hair spray and a plastic jar with water – can be a yogurt jar (or just tap water)
- slightly wet your hair and the end of the hair chalk
- Rub the chalk onto your hair, holding it straight. Rub it in direction of hair growth (from top to bottom) instead of up & down movement.
- Apply the color with the tip of the hair chalk, not the side, for a brighter and more vivid color.
- You can also try dissolving the hair chalk in a splash of water and applying the mixture on your hair with a hair color brush
- Use the blow dryer to dry your hair – don’t dry it with a towel as the chalk will stain it – but the best is just air drying and brushing to dry your your hair (this way you’ll also get a nice gradient hair color – not too deep)
- For longer lasting hair chalk, use the hair straightener or hair curler
- For better & longer lasting color, use the hair chalk after you’ve styled your hair!